Thursday, August 28, 2008

Apparently, your common trout is wiser than I . . .


There's more than would be expected to fly fishing. That 'eleven and one' shit 'with a locked wrist' is not so easy. Put a top water fly, a big nymph tied to that, and a microscopic nymph tied onto that, and you're ready for a good tangled mess.
Dawn and i drank the pabst . . . which made us feel like expert fly fisher-folk.
She has a real patience for untangling the cat-cradles i wove with one wrong flick of the wrist. i think she slightly enjoys it.
She says, "Yeah. It's a challenge. I don't have patience for a lot of things, but . . . "
She's reading over my shoulder. She says, "It's true."
I'm not sure about the intelligence of your common trout, but i plan to hit the books and catch myself a few this weekend.

1 comment:

Tom said...

"To save our dirty planet
Now there's a noble wish
and I'm putting my shoulder to the wheel
cuz I wanna catch some fish."
Greg Brown