Sunday, September 10, 2006

Bierdstadt Peak, Arapahoe National Forest, CO





Here are a few pics from my first 14er. Altogether an awesome hike, though my lungs were killing me and I thought for sure I was going to pass out several times.

It snowed there this morning, and then snowed these little round balls (like a fluffy hail?) right as we got to the summit.

June's came and ran circles around me, as usual.

On the drive up, he was thrown from the car window when I stomped on the brakes to avoid hitting a deep pot hole. No more than 5 seconds later, he was dumping on the side of the road. The experience truly scared the shit out of him, but not enough that he'd back off on hanging half out the window.

Aside from the defenestration incident, he had a great day too.

More pics to come. I took 122.

2 comments:

Tom said...

these are damn good!

tadpole said...

Thanks. I'm super impressed with the pics you've been posting recently of you're trip to the Canadian Rockies.

My friend, Steve, and I are planning another 14er in a week or so. I mentioned to a couple I was passing by on the way down that the weather might be too rough to plan for more, but the feller from Utah reasoned, "Ah no. In the winter, you just hike up with your snowboard."

Good to know. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.